question about my scirocco

James,
Since you are replacing the valve cover gasket, now would be a good time to
upgrade to the single piece rubber Corrado G-60 gasket.
Potter has them <<www.parts4vws.com>>.
This is a definite "must" upgrade IMO for any 8V VW motor.
Every factory or othewise 3pc (cork and rubber) gasket I have used has
leaked after a short time, the G-60 gasket never has (~2yrs now).
If you don't get it from Potter, be sure to get the 8 Corrado
non-shouldered studs that hold the valve cover to the head.

HTH

Randy
www.myscirocco.org