this might be the last straw

I would doubt if the crank itself broke, but it could be possible the gear on
the crank broke.  Especially if the gear is bolted to the end of the crank.
I'm not sure how this is setup on the vr6... just thinking out loud.

Either way I would question it.  If they are telling you the crank itself
snapped, I would want to see it for myself.

Matt
'87 16v
--- the hitman <vwscir87@hotmail.com> wrote:

<P>have you ever heard of a crank snapping before? i just trying to figure out
if they are trying to screw me or not.