Spark plug wire type...

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Robert Piwonka wrote:

> In the future I would like to do a Stand Alone fuel management system and I
> just got done reading a lot about the sds and it says that solid core wires
> are not recommended.  instead use radio suppression wires.  I though the
> stock wires were solid core?
> Am I right or wrong ?
Right and wrong...

The wires are solid core, but there are resistors in the ends, wheras
almost all american cars (at least used to) put the resistance in the wire
and use solid ends.

So, the stock wires are resistance wires, but they do it in a better, but
more expensive way, which is why VW wires are so pricy.

In other words, dont worry about it. they will work fine with EFI. (if
they didnt work with EFI, how would the Jetronic function?)

take care,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org