New Sites discovered(homeland trip)

Hi,

> If there are some more of those brats Reinhard is grilling up I am there.

on Scirocco meets, we germans are grilling most of the time, beer is mandatory,
http://www.scirocco2.de/gross_03.jpg
so you HAVE to come !

> I have no stamps in my passport so I need to go somewhere. I have been
> thinking of doing the bumming around europe thing maybe staying at generous
> scirocco friends (hint hint)  houses doing some chores for a place to sleep.

I always ahave a free bed here for Scirocco-list visitors.
I'm located in Stutensee / Karlsruhe thats near River Rhine and 10 minutes
away from the french border, in the southwest of Germany.

>Maybe I could bring US parts to trade for Euro parts.

umm, like U.S. bumpers and lights ? - I'm not sure about that  ;-))

seriously we can do some junkyard surfing here, that is fun most of the time...
But don't expect to find many Sciroccos on the yards here.

> Yeah I could go and fill up a crate with goodies like Skoda motors

I guess that some list-members might have considered the Skoda engine as a joke here.
In fact the 1.8 Turbo 20V kicks seriously ass and would be an excellent choice
to be put into the Scirocco !
Meanwhile VW puts this engine also in other cars,
like the successful SEAT Leon or even the VW Passat .

BTW, the ROADSTAR Scirocco meeting is from 24th to 26th of May 2002
so if anybody wants to attend one of Europes biggest "Type 53 only" meets.....

friendly Greetings !
Dirk

Scirocco GT II '92 darkgreen-pearl  www.GT-2.de/GT2.htm
Scirocco 16V "CABRIOLET" www.Scirocco2.de/hornstein.htm