It wasn't the coil...(16v cutting out at high RPM)

It wasn't the coil.  It was the ignition wire running from the coil to the
distributor.  I replaced the coil with little improvement (cold starts are
better), but it didn't solve the problem I was having with the engine
cutting out when it got heat soaked sitting in traffic.  On a hunch, I
re-routed the coil wire from behind the block (right over the exhaust
manifold) to over the vacuum lines behind the throttle body.  My 3000+ RPM
problem changed to a 5000+ RPM problem.  I have a new wire en route.

John
El Paso