turbo kit for 8v

check out www.vwvortex.com
There are a bunch of guys posting on the forums that are having a
contest to see who can build the cheapest turbo system for their VW. Not
literally! But they are cobbling together a bunch of shit for pretty low
$$. If it works well enough to justify the effort is another question.

I must be fucking nuts when I think of all the things I've done to get
my car ready to install a turbo:
Convert engine from CIS to Haltech so fuel and ignition will be
adjustable instead of a WAG, $2000
Sach Power clutch, $300
Quaiffe and gearbox rebuild, $1000
10.1" front brakes and larger MC, $400
Wide band O2 sensor so I can tune the thing instead of taking a guess,
$700
Then I'm thinking $2500 in hand for all the turbo related parts (all
new, of course, cause why would I want somebody else's worn out shit
that isn't even sized right for the application!)plus a probable
additional $1000 for lower compression pistons and to freshen up my
engine.
Like I said, NUTS!
Good luck on your project.
Dan