Bentley tells me I'm screwed if I disconnect A/C lines???

With my limited knowledge of A/C systems. Any time you open the system to the
atmosphere, you should evacuate the system with a vacuum pump before
refilling the system.  These are special vacuum pumps designed soley to do
this.  Any moisture and/or gases, other that freon, in the system will not
allow the system to work at it's maximum potential (coldest).

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

robw_zz@hotmail.com writes:
Anybody know why I
can't just hook it back up and recharge?  what "repairs" exactly?  I had to
remove the compressor because it is going to go into my '83 which has the
earlier style "big, boxy, ugly, inefficient" compressor. What should I do
when I disconnect the compressor on the '83?????  Please help, I hope to
have my A/C ready for this summer.