Samco coolant hoses...

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Josh Hignight wrote:

> I didn't even think about their website (didn't know they had one actually).
> I have a/c, but want to remove it. What's the difference between the a/c and
> non-a/c upper coolant hoses anyway?

Non a-c upper hose looks about like an 8v coolant hose... i/e it only has
2 90 degree bends, sort of like this $15 or so from VW.
____
___ |
  | |
  | |___
  |_____

To use this hose you would also have to put in a scirocco non-ac radiator,
basically a golf/jetta a2 radiator.

the scirocco AC hose, the radiator opening points toward the passenger
fender, makes a u-turn, runs along the radiator, and then points back at
the block, this is the one that is $$$ from VW.

peas,

Steve

P.S. the german/british mk1 GTI used an air-oil oil cooler not water-oil i
think, so the hoses that go to the oil cooler on a 16v wouldnt be there...

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org