{OT} Impressions of the WRX

MrAudi wrote:

> um, ok maybe at the present the WRX seems like a better car, but we all know
> what 12 year old subaru's look like. swiss cheese. it might seem like a
> better car, but i really doubt it will age as well as a volkswagen or an
> audi will..............

The rusting out of Subarus is meant to be considered like Westmoreland
Rabbits' Electrical distress; An ugly secret we no longer talk about.

The recent Subbies are said to be galvanized on all the lower panels
(wish I could say it was 100% body panel but I don't think some of the
inner nor the roof is dipped).

Only time will tell but out here in California it's moot. My Roc only
rusts to a point then the tin worm goes to sleep, my 79 did have a
little but it spent it's early life out by the Beach.

As for recent WRX impressions I am basing in  on a brand new silver
wagon, just got to 4500 miles. I haven't driven it under full throttle
yet as it's only on it second oil change but soon., soon. (btw- It's not
mine, it's the GF's.)

It is a tight little pocket, er oops wrong marque. It's a nicely
engineered machine. It doesn't come w/ leather, it has plastic face
plate for the heater controls (what modern car doesn't.) the money goes
into the motor and drive train. It's a bit of a sleeper (the wagon) and
it's really funny to see Hondas scoot up on the rear quarter and look
you over because they want to try you out.

Bottom line, it has smooth power on tap, you find yourself getting up in
the MPH quicker than you expect, be careful.

TBerk