{OT} Impressions of the WRX

Well, last friday I helped my Girlfriend's Mom and Sister buy new cars.
The sister got a Hyundai Tibouron (not my choice, but actually a decent,
if ugly, little sport coupe, 140hp 2.0 16v).  Mom got a bright metallic
blue WRX Sedan with boost guage, short shift kit, etc (all factory
options).

Holy crap is that car sweet.  I had recently driven a 225hp TT Quattro and
wanted to compare it to the WRX.  Hands down, the WRX is the better car,
especially if you look at the money side of things (is the TT really worth
the extra 15 THOUSAND? NO).  Smooth build up of boost, fast as shit (ok,
Craig's Viggen is faster), and handles like I wish I could get my roccos
to handle...and that thing is stock for a WRX...gotta love AWD and limited
slip diffs STOCK mated to 227hp turbo 2.0.

If you have the money, and are looking for a new car, definately consider
one...Subaru has just impressed this diehard VW fan. (hmmm..the lease on
the TDI is up in a year.......)

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car again, no more DD duty)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (THE NEW RIDE)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox