Resto advice needed: undercoat removal

Do NOT acid dip your car!!!  Are you crazy??!!  You're doing a restoration
or a race car?    If I understand your post, you think acid will remove the
undercoat.  It will not.
Remove the undercoat with acetone or lacquer thinner.  It'll be a long
process, but you won't hurt anything.
(shudder....)

Larry  sandiego16V