Resto advice needed: undercoat removal

Anyone ever try to remove all of the rubber undercoating?  I'm
considering a full resto for my 81 S, and would like to remove all the
rubber to see what's underneath and take the necessary action to keep
this thing around another 20+ years...

I read an EC article a while ago about doing the same to an older 911.
It sounded like a nightmare.  He ended up getting it sandblasted off.

Anyone have any info on acid dipping the entire car?  This sounds like
the way to go, but I'm worried about the neutralizing "dip" not doing
it's job fully...  Plus, the the car has to be COMPLETELY stripped,
wiring and all...

A wire wheel on a drill sounds too much like work, so are there any
other options?

Thanks!

Mark.

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca