Downsizing Front Rotos to 9.4s was: Autox for Cincy Sunday event?

I have  13x7 Diamonds for my scirocco and the day I was putting the tires on
a MK2 16v was in the shop with its wheels off so I tested it on there.
The rim itself clears the caliper but the mounting face doesnt. The part that
catches is the carrier where its closest to the center of the wheel. Like if
you had a .25 inch spacer or ground the face of the carrier it would fit.
If I didnt make sense let me know.

Jasin
MK1 16v in a 1000 peices