Autox for Cincy Sunday event?

The ECSTA is the "new" Kumho, and the Victoracer is the old one. Supposedly,
the ECSTA is better, but it's so new that no one can say for sure yet.
According to a friend who had a set late last year, they needed to be
scrubbed-in more than the Victoracer, but did seem to offer more traction. I
have a set for the Subaru sitting in the garage, but I haven't even gotten
to mount them yet. I've never driven the Victoracer, so I can't offer
comparisons. I can offer comparisons with the BFG g-Force R1 after the Ft.
Myers ProSolo though.

Regarding the "wider is better" part, you can only go so wide before you
will actually lose traction in corners. If the tire is so wide (compared to
the weight of the car) that it never comes up to operating temperature, it
will give you less grip. The new ECSTA is available up to 235 width on a 13"
tire! I haven't yet heard of anyone who has actually run it yet, but the
speculation is that it won't come up to proper operating temps on an
autocross...

Neal