Rieger wheel choices (???)

Fellow listers,
    The time has come to choose wheels for the rieger. I know, i know, 'but it already HAS wheels'.
Here is the deal: the wheels that are on it are NOT the original wheels that were on it. Please
observe:
ftp://etka:etka@scirocco.dhs.org:69/rieger-wheels.jpg
    The top picture is the way the car was (as well as the way most people remember it). The bottom
is me flipping a current pic i had to make it look close to the top pic for comparison purposes.
    Top wheels: image 3pc 17x8 17x10 (alloy/painted), bottom wheels: spectrum 2pc 15x9 15x11
(steel/chromed)
    I've always favored the image wheels on the rieger, but the size is a bit large, so i'd probably
order a set in 16" vs. 17". Dont get me wrong, i like the current wheels, and they are damn near
indestructable (i've hit some BAD road with em, and still no flat spots (looked at em as they were
spinning on a wheel balancer: perfectally true), but they are heavy wheels.
    Now for the burning question: which wheels look better on the car? I open the floor for
suggestions.

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still planning, rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)