5spd tranny geared wierd ('84 )

I am still going to stick to my original words.
I have driven a 1.8L JH with a 2H and .75 5TH (Eric now owns the trans).
It was a great transmission for light to light battles but the long jump=20
from 4th to 5th was almost as annoying as the buzziness of the shorter 5th.
My current 1847cc EN however has the torque to make the FF work. (and yes=20
it would be faster light to light but that is not "my goal")
It is a great freeway car allowing me to cruise along at 70-90mph=20
comfortably with good power and decent gas mileage (36mpg last time I went=
=20
to LA).
I have driven hard many VW transmissions FF/ACN/AGB/2H/4K and IMO the FF=20
was the best "all-around" transmission for a commuter/weekend=20
cruiser/occasional track car if you have the torque to pull it.

Again JMO.

Randy