5spd tranny geared wierd ('84 )

> Heh.. I'm thinking i'm not going to get into changing it.  I'm sure
> i'll
> get used to it soon,
> and the money would be better spent on other things.. like rear discs

I disagree...a lot.  A close ratio tranny can absolutely *transform* a
car, esp. in a roller skate like yours.  A 4K is a blast, esp. with a
taller 5th.  The best bang-for-the-buck, IMO.  And actually, rear discs
won't help on that car.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.