[OT] microsoft tech support

> I interject your honnor...
>
> Linux works for the public just fine, 76% of Internet servers, run Linux,
> Oracle and MYSQL for linux.

BEEP Wrong...my sources show that 89% of all internet traffic hits a
SOLARIS box at one point or another.

> it works so well for the corporate world that IBM now sells their new
> corporate server conversions from AS400 to Linux
> it works so well that HOtmail.com (MSn corporation owned by M/S) still is

BIG HUGE BEEP WORNG.  Hotmail runs on Sun my boy.  I know, I SUPPORT them.

> running it on LInux, because a NT box of same capacity was not able to
> provide enough tick time to handle the stress load that runs on
> Hotmail.com... So M/S said.. HUmm... Lets leave Linux on there!

Replace Linux with Solaris or just Unix in general and your statements are
correct.  Plus, I know of NO MS product that can handle greater than 4
processors correctly......Sun has machines with 72 and up processors that
run on plain ole Solaris perfectly.  I know, I support them.

> AHAHAHAHAHA.
>
> M/S is a good desktop product, lets leave it at that. Because 90% of the
> users where thrown into computers and the older generation is still trying
> to understand that "any key" means any key on the keyboard, not a key on the
> keyboard marked "any-key".

Agreed...and game makers favor the MS platform....so if you are a serious
gamer, MS is a good desktop choice as well.

> 22 Years in the business, I have worked with Bell, IBM, Samsung and many
> more and it always is the same. make the OS desktop the "click an point"
> and anything over 15 users in a dept, and they are running UNIX/LInux, not
> NT. sorry! (and I have seen my share of punch cards systems and black boxes
> called mainframes too)

Ewww...AIX? HPUX?

I am sorry man!  I learned one flavor of unix hardware and software, and
that is Sun...damn glad that was my choice too...heard too many horror
stories.

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car again, no more DD duty)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (THE NEW RIDE)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox