Smashed up my baby (87 Scirocco 16v)

> Last night I rear ended another car and smashed up the grill, hood and
> bumper of
> my 87 Scirocco 16v.  Long story... The cause of the accident decided to flee
> so I'm stuck with paying for my own damage and I don't have collision
> insurance
> on the car.

sorry to hear it

> * What do you think about color matching the euro bumpers
> to the color of the car?  Were Stock Euro 16v's color coded?
> I'm really torn between leaving them black and painting them red.
> (Any pictures would be much appreciated)

i'd say matter of opinion

> * What are Euro lights with Citylights?

john covered this one in his email

> * Will the Euro lights be brighter than the US?  I hate how dim
> the scirocco headlights are.

yes, they will, especially if you get 80w driving bulbs and 100w bulbs for the brights (and relay
them as well).

> * Does anybody have any pictures of the Kamei "mesh" grill up close?
> I don't know if the car pictured in the link has a mesh grill or not.

heres the makei mesh grille on alan hoglens rocco:
ftp://etka:etka@scirocco.dhs.org:69/cincy%202k+1%20pix/allyn/010621-145855-SQ-Z8.jpg

> * Is there anything I should know before attempting this conversion
> such as weird wiring problems, mounting problems, etc?

other than relaying lights, shouldnt be a problem. With a significant hit your square-body car is
gonna show some crooked lines. If the bumper took a good hit it may have tweaked the frame and will
need to be pulled to make it right.

> * Where is a good place to order these parts from?  I already
> called parts4vws.com and was quoted:
> $700 - Pair of euro bumpers
> $336 - pair of Euro lights
> $60 - stock grill
> $90 - Euro turn signals (amber)
> $125 - Kamei Grill

keep a look out on scirocco.org parts board and ebay, might find a used set for cheaper.

> I greatly appreciate any help,
>
> -daniel

not a problem
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 170k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX (shell donor ready to rock, still planning, rocco #7)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 260k, 0 rattles, original clutch, driveshafts, wheels :)