L.A.-based listers: Mechanic recommendations?

Christopher,

Sorry I don't know any good VW shops in LA proper.  Several of the OC guys
including myself use Maxed Performance in Huntington Beach.  They are very
professional and thorough.  Definitely not the cheapest, but...

Speaking of towing, AAA plus membership is THE way to go!  You get 100 mile
towing 5x per year for an extra $40 something per year.  If you have an
older VW (or an older VW AND and an older Volvo like I do), having that
extended tow distance is very useful.

I would think there should be good VW shops in Pasadena or the valley.  As
far as LA, I know there are a ton of shops along La Brea, but they never
struck me as very trustworthy.

Ian Overholt