I F*&king hate UPS - rant(long)

--0-303141380-1012581323=:61182

 You're right, there, Jasin - it really seems that it is combination of many factors. However, I'm curious: will UPS comp. the next day air on lost claims? (BTW - UPS was successful yesterday! :)
Thx, JT
  UrGTI@aol.com wrote: Since I work for UPS I have first hand knowledge of the "driver release" .
This is where the company deems a particular neighborhood safe to leave
parcels outside. The driver is supposed to leave it out of plain site to
passers by for obvious reasons but its not too hard to watch the driver and
see where he puts stuff if you are criminally inclined to do so.
The main reason they went to this type of procedure is cost, its actually
cheaper to pay for the stolen items than it is to pay the drivers to wait at
the door for somone to come or make several attempts to deliver. The
company cares so much about efficiency its unbelivable. Picture this as an
example of time management.
As the driver appraches the house he comes to a stop parking in place where
he can leave the easiest/quickest , as he comes to a stop he pulls the park
brake, shuts off engine and pulls key, puts vehicle in lowest forward gear
while removing seat belt, gets up unlocks and opens bulkhead door puts key
ring on finger and reaches in to grab package and looks at next box(more on
this later), then closes door grabs the Diad (thing you sign) and exits the
vehicle. All this is expected to be done in less than 15 seconds.Then on the
way to the house he scans the barcode and looks for a place to leave the box,
types in where he put it in his Diad then types in the address of the box he
looked at while pulling the current stops box all this of course before he
gets back to the vehicle.

Oh yeah what were we talking about again? On all future purchases I suggest
you either specify "adult signature only" or leave a note to have it left
with a neighbor who is home or make arrangements with a nearby business works
too. I even have a couple people on a route where there garage code pops up
when there address is entered in the Diad. The guy thats comes to my house
puts the stuff in my car and locks it. The driver will get reamed for losses
especially if it happened twice at the same house.
Our loss prevention loves to set up stings and bust criminals I am sure you
have already contacted them on replacement I would damn sure insist on next
day air too.
Yeah its crappy but what can you do technically the crooks are to blame but
the driver could be guilty of negligence too. Its like just because I left my
car running doesnt make it my fault its stolen but it doesnt help prevention
much either.

Jasin
MK1 16v in a pile on the floor