Stripper needed

I recently stripped and repainted my hood...  and that orange stuff from HD
will strip off the wax and that's about it.  To remove the paint you need paint
stripper from an automotive paint supply store, nothing in home depot is strong
enough for automotive paint.  I don't remember what it was called, but I
remember "for aircraft and marine use" being on the can.

Pros:
-it is very effective, slop it on, let it sit, scrape it off... One application
stripped off all the paint, primer and bondo.

Cons:
-Nasty shit for sure.  Heavy rubber gloves and goggles required.  Clean up can
be a pain. I did not want to hose it off onto my driveway, lawn, groundwater
etc so I scraped it onto newspaper and brought it to the chemical section at
the dump.
-LOTS OF WORK, not just the stripping but the prep and painting as well.  A
smaller area would be easier than a whole hood, but if faced with doing it
again I would not hesitate to pay a professional 3-400 to do it right.  Unless
you have all the equipment and a booth and the skill it will not be perfect.

Drop me a line if you want the name of the stuff, I can look when I get home.

HTH,
Matt
'87 16v

PS: If the clear coat is cracked, but the paint is not it may be worth it to
sand it down and re-spray the clear coat.