Is Cincy gathering "family oriented"

At 9:18 PM -0600 1/31/02, <jester@westfailure.net> wrote:
>All,
>
>I tried to send this before, but it didnt seem to go through...
>
>>  Dude, it sounds like a plan.  All we have to do is bribe the NorCal crew
>>  with titties and beer.
>
>Hi all,
>
>Just curious, will the ohio list gatehring be more like a guys club than a
>VW gathering?
>
>Thing is, my girlfriend and I usually travel together to most VW stuff, as
>she loves VW's and traveling, but she really won't stand for strippers,
>porn, people talking derogatory about women, and stuff like that. Wet
>t-shirt contests have kept us away from more than one show ;)

If she is into VW's, she will love it.  Ask Bill Scarince's fiance,
who came by herself last year and had a ball (and won the road
rally), or Neal Toven's girlfriend Katy.....or Ellen, Julie, Cathy,
pipe up, you've been to meets, you know how they turn out!

>So, I guess im asking if its an all guy/guys club kinda thing. I'd have
>fun, but my girlfriend wouldn't. I know some women don't mind it, but she
>does. I'm used to aircooled VW bus campouts and those are pretty easygoing
>but having never been to a watercooled gathering, thought it'd be best to
>ask first.

If she doesn't mind all VW talk, all the time, she'll be fine.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |