swapping quaife from aug tranny to a 4k tranny

To do the job right, you will have to swap the diffs and their
respective races (assuming the bearings are all in good condition).  Or
of course use new bearings.

This involves resetting the preload during the process (adding
appropriate shims).  And of course this means two full tranny
teardowns, which if you haven't done it before is not trivial.

Since you'll have the tranny all the way down, new syncros, gaskets,
etc are required...you're looking at nearly $150 in parts alone, each.

Ron