[Re: [senders on 16v head]]

--0-834088473-1041292490=:91339

so is the rearmost spade the coolant temp sender (for the gauge in the cluster)? and my front spade isn't connected either (because the spade is broken off and i dont know where the wire is either).  anyone have part numbers for those 2?
thanx,
-tony
 Cathy Boyko <losinit@usa.net> wrote:Tony Morehead wrote:
> MIME Type: multipart/alternative

somone told me that the 2 spade connectors right below the dist. (higher than
the 2 you mention) were both for coolant temp, but only one is hooked up. let
me know if you dig upo anything else.
thanx,
-tony

Well, I in fact did. The front single spade is the hot after run, it keeps the
fan running for a while after the car is off if the engine bay is hot. Not
sure why mine isn't hooked up, I have to do some digging to find the plug,
since it had worked in the summer, so it must be dangling somewhere. And in
fact, the lister who disagreed with the Bentley wrote back and said he was
mistaken, so what I told you first is right, the rearmost of the two "two
spade" ones is the thrermotime switch,and it is a brown sensor and a brown
plug. The front one is the coolant temp sensor, and on mine it is a rust
colour also, and it has a black plug. This was in fact why my car didn't
start, the two plugs were reversed, and it's cold enough here to require cold
enrichment. So that is FOR SURE what those two plugs are, and I know the one
on the back of the head is the oil temp. sensor, since I replaced it in the
summer.

Sorry about the confusion, but I had conflicting information, which happened
to agree with what I saw on the car. HTH, Cathy

1987 2 or 3 tone 16v scirocco