[Re: clutch failure]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
Dubdaze68@aol.com wrote:
> =

> Additionally,  Clutch disc could have exploded, sending springs out of =
the
> disc, jamming against the flywheel, and lnot letting the clutch
> disengage....especially if it's a SACHS made lately...What the hell
happened
> to OEM quality?
> =

> Patrick Boyle
> =

The scuttlebutt I have heard was the SACHS clutches as made in _Canada_
seem to have been the most troublesome units. Sorry Great Northerners,
most everything else from up there is OK.  ;])

TBerk

That's okay TBerk, I'll forgive you. My (probably Canadian) Sachs didn't =
live
too long. It was admittedly abused, but I suspect it's not the only candi=
date
for the S.P.C.C. (Society for prevention of cruelty to clutches)on the li=
st.
cathy