Location of CIS to CIS-E conversion resources?

Jeff Toomasson wrote:

> I've pretty much decided that the most cost-effective and
> time-effective (mainly cost) thing to do with my wrecked 16v
> is take the 9A and put it into my '84.5 Cabby instead of
> going to an ABA.
>
> The rationale is since I would have to do some form of engine
> management wiring modifications to incorporate the KS ignition,
> I may as well just put the 9A in. (the block has 40k on it and
> the head has 50K since a rebuild (not mention the new motor
> mounts, cams, exhaust, etc).
> I would have to buy considerably less stuff to make the 16v
> swap than an ABA.
<edit>

> Is the knock sensor portion the only difference??
>
> (hoping....hoping.....)
>
> JT

Ok, Lets review: You want to install just how much of the 16v? Grafting
a high compression motor into a loom without a K/S? (That's me) The
whole CIS-e loom & engine controls? (That's not what I did).

If you look at the links I have and the thread it's about adapting a low
compression car to a block with 10:1 & a knock sensor.

<http://home.mindspring.com/~tberk>
<http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=424779>

The distributor changes because timing advance is no longer directly
controlled by the vacuum but by the K/S box.

In my 81 I am using the same electrical ignition control unit,
intake/exhaust manifolds & from the donor the K/S box, Long Block, and
Distributor.

hth,
TBerk