[Re: Update on the Scirocco]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
Andrew Wong wrote:
> =

> Well, I had the car towed today to get the exhaust and
> e-brake cables to find out that the CV's are torn and
> I think the driveshaft is bad also.  Total cost for
> just this is about 1000 dollars b/c of labor. =

<snip>
> =

> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> -Andrew Wong
> 1984 Black Scirocco
> 1987 White Quantum wagon
> =

OK, I can understand not having a place to work BUT-

You get a few extensions for the ratchet, a 12 point tripplesquare
driver (it fit's into a 1/2" deep socket so just assign one and tape it
in there with duct tape), a 30 mm socket to pull the axle nut and a 1/2"
drive breaker bar to go with it, and pull the axles from the car.

Take them into the warm and recondition the axles, CVs.

No way this should cost you even $500 for CVs, boots, grease, a few
tools.

TBerk

Heck, even incompetant moi managed this one, it went really well actually=
=2E
(now maybe that included parts and labour on the exhaust too?)Now if I co=
uld
just get the dang thing to start...
Cathy, back to headache ownership status.