Suspension travel modification?

I know there was a thread recently about a scirocco rally car and one of the
criticisms that was brought up was the relatively short distance of
suspension travel the scirocco's have.  Is there a suspension setup that
would effectively increase the suspension travel for off-road applications?
That would be worth doing, even if not to race, just to off-road.  It would
be nice to be able to use larger tires, too. (clear the wheelwells?)
Something tells me it might end up taking a decent amount of fabrication.
My brother is an SUV freak, and it would be great to show his Jeep up with a
Rocco (quattro/synchro?)

Any thoughts?

Drew

P.S.  I apologize for my sometimes sick imagination.  I let it get away from
me sometimes when I'm bored at work...  :)

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf