My best upgrade yet! - onto the merits of Rain-X now

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 14:35:16 -0800 "Rabbit16v" <Rabbit16v@attbi.com>
writes:
> I DID!!!  They were Teflon even!!

Heh! Well, thats different. I think alot of it is not the materials used
whether it be new blades or some kind of windshiled treatment but rather,
the physical condition of the windshield.

My first couple experiences with rainx and like brands were with dismal
results. They worked great if I didnt use the wipers but after the first
use, the screen had a fog effect in the swipe areas. Plus, when I would
drive under a street light the entire screen would go reflective on me
and I couldnt see anything until I passed the light. SCARRY. So I
resorted to using nothing.

The condition of the windshield was 170K miles worth of pitting,
sandblasting ect. (This was on an 82 Rabbit I had at the time.) All of
the Scirocco's since have the same weathering condition.

Now, my work truck (Isuzu box van with 63K) doesnt shed rain very well so
I used some aftermarket rainX type stuff and it works great. The
windshieled is like new with a couple chips and cracks (Its a work truck)
but no pitting or sand blasting. I decided to throw on a new set of
blades and this made a great improvement.

So, I think the bottom line is the condition of the windshield.
Everything else is just minor on how they can relate to the windshield's
ability to shed water.

Anyways.....

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com