HELP(Honda) final thoughts

Well, at least you saw his point, I didn't have enough time to read through
all that babble, especially since it was so contradicting.  I, myself,
always thought that we were all about the performance and useful mods as
compared to the useless mods.  I know many of you have the colored street
lights or the clear corner lights but for the most part we are all
performance oriented and like a nice clean looking car (scirocco).

As far as Honduhs are concerned (sorry, I will always have an attitude
toward them), I understand "fads" and whats "in" or "out" but making a car
look fast when they are slower than your Grandma's car is just silly.  I
respect the people who put together a nice clean fast Honduh but the wings,
fairings, monster mufflers (fake duals!!) and metal flake paint with the
bone stock (maybe an intake something-or-rather to make it sound throaty) I
just can't respect.

Lastly, as far as lemmings are concerned I believe ANYONE who does anything
because someone else has already done it falls into the lemming category.  I
like to do things because I want to and everything I have done on my cars
I've done because I wanted it that way NOT because everyone else was doing
it.  Now, I may of gotten ideas from others but not the reasons to do it.  I
think the true lemmings are people who are afraid to be different or do what
they want to do.  For example, I believe lemmings have made Lexus, Acura,
and Infinity what they are by trying to keep up with the Jones' we all went
out and bought rebadged Toyotas, Hondas, and Nissans when their
top-of-the-line cars are cheaper and just as nice.  In this area there are
WAY too many other situations to list.

I think this list is not about hating Honduhs (although I do) or about
belonging to a VW "cult" (which I think this is, kidding) but a place where
hundreds of people can meet and talk about their ideas and have fun while
having a certain car in common.  And, not to mention, to hang out with
people who "aren't" afraid of being a little different by owning and taking
pride in the worlds most popular car company, VW.  Wow, my heart skipped a
beat after that last line.  :)

Just my $.02 in pounds.

Dave