Is this possible as my problem?

Ryan,

I would suspect the knock sensor, knock sensor connection
(replacements are gold because of corrosion problems) or the knock box
itself.

--
Best regards,
 John                            mailto:ranahan@charter.net

My 16V, which likes to run in limp-mode most of the time, took a real shit the other night... It
lost power while I was driving it like usual (feels like when you switch on the AC, only much more
abrupt).  SO I downshifted and gave it throttle... NOTHING, not even a noise. (Lights were still
on as if engine was NOT stalled.)  Downshifted again, and it just stalled as I rolled to a stop.
So, could it be a fuel related problem - like something clogging a line somewhere, then floating
away (when power comes back, or when I shut the car off).  There is no stuttering to my car, the
timing just gets pulled.  Would a fuel clog cause my timing to be pulled - I thought it would just
make the car stutter???