More Fuel for the Honda bonfire

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2A6C8.1E64FCC0

VW People =3D work on their own cars.

Honda People =3D pay VW people to work on their cars. (it happens to me)

okay so what I just said is a really big stereotype, but so what, if it =
weren't true for most of the population around here, I wouldn't have =
said it.

So there's Rice, and then there's Jap cars that just go with the style =
meant for them.
Here's an example that deals with functionality.

Rice=3DWhen you drive an Acura Integra LS with no body kit, but have a =
huge Shopping cart wing, Fart Can exhaust, cut springs, stickers on the =
car promoting products the car doesn't have (NOS is a good example), and =
Gauges (such as Boost, HUGE Tachs with shiftlights, etc.) when the car =
is Naturally Aspirated and an Automatic

Now, on the other hand, a very good friend/co-worker of mine has a CRX =
hf (very shitty car in stock form).  The reason he bought the car in the =
first place was to make it a sound car, for we all know the advantages =
of a hatchback with a killer system.  This guy previously owned =
low-riders, so suspension was on his mind too.  My friend found an =
Integra GSR engine w/tranny, and I helped him put it in. We also =
converted it to rear disc brakes, and he did all the suspension himself, =
and now has everyone with a jap car in town to do theirs too.  He =
air-bagged his car, Complete Air Suspension.  Not my thing, but very =
cool when seeing it in action.

Of course stuff like the body kit and Altezza tail lights followed, but =
so what.  This guy did all the work himself, with me helping him a bit, =
and it has the show to back up the go. (important question here: Will it =
beat my scirocco?  NO! but that's because he's got an air compressor and =
4 12" subs and 4 TVs and a Playstation2 in the thing.)  By the way.  His =
car breaks down more than any VW I've seen.

Another Important Note: This guy does not go cruising around with other =
Hondas on the weekends.  he sticks solo.  and if he does feel like going =
out for a cruise, I usually go with him.  Between the two of us, we =
usually draw enough attention from RICERs, and ooohh how sweet it is to =
see the looks of confusion/envy on their faces.

One more thing.  Non Rice Example =3D The fastest import (watercooled =
that is)  in my city is a 95 Esclipse GSX (turbo/AWD).  No stickers, =
Looks stock except is lowered, and has exhaust.  What does he run.  =
13.00  And that's at 5,000 ft above sea level.  Do I have respect for =
this car?  Definitely!  And there is nothing more I would love than to =
actually go through with my project for a supercharged 1.8 16v with a =
2.0 bottom end, combined with a pair of Slicks and give this guy a good =
run for his money.

Would I ever go out and buy an Eclipse, or Civic, or Integra, just =
because it showed me a fast time slip?  FUCK NO! -pardon my french

Sorry all, but VW has a hold on me, and it ain't letting go.  The only =
other car I would buy myself would be an AUDI or possibly a BMW.

I guess my original point to this message was to show Adrian that he was =
buying a Honda for the wrong reasons.  But hell, by this time I think =
he's either afraid to write anything back to the list (haven't heard =
from him in a while) or he's totally given up the idea of getting one.

Think what you want of this. I really don't care. all I know is my =
scirocco is the coolest car on the road!!!

-Brando
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2A6C8.1E64FCC0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"v" =
/><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" />
<DIV>VW People =3D work on their own cars.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Honda People =3D pay VW people to work on their cars. (it happens =
to=20
me)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>okay so what I just said is a really big stereotype, but so what, =
if it=20
weren't true for most of the population around here, I wouldn't have =
said=20
it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So there's Rice, and then there's Jap cars that just go with the =
style=20
meant for them.</DIV>
<DIV>Here's an example that deals with functionality.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rice=3DWhen you drive an Acura Integra LS with no body kit, but =
have a huge=20
Shopping cart wing, Fart Can exhaust, cut springs, stickers on the car =
promoting=20
products the car doesn't have (NOS is a good example), and Gauges (such =
as=20
Boost, HUGE Tachs with shiftlights, etc=85) when the car is Naturally =
Aspirated=20
and an Automatic</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Now, on the other hand, a very good friend/co-worker&nbsp;of mine =
has a CRX=20
hf&nbsp;(very shitty car in stock form).&nbsp; The reason he bought the =
car in=20
the first place was to make it a sound car, for we all know the =
advantages of a=20
hatchback with a killer system.&nbsp; This guy previously owned =
low-riders, so=20
suspension was on his mind too.&nbsp; My friend found an Integra GSR =
engine=20
w/tranny, and I helped him put it in. We also converted it to rear disc =
brakes,=20
and he did all the suspension himself, and now has everyone with a jap =
car in=20
town to do theirs too.&nbsp; He air-bagged his car, Complete Air=20
Suspension.&nbsp; Not my thing, but very cool when seeing it in =
action.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Of course stuff like the body kit and Altezza tail lights followed, =
but so=20
what.&nbsp; This guy did all the work himself, with me helping him a =
bit, and it=20
has the show to back up the go.&nbsp;(important question here: Will it =
beat my=20
scirocco?&nbsp; NO! but that's because he's got an air compressor and 4 =
12" subs=20
and 4 TVs and a Playstation2 in the thing.)&nbsp; By the way.&nbsp; His =
car=20
breaks down more than any VW I've seen.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Another Important Note:&nbsp;This guy does not go cruising around =
with=20
other Hondas on the weekends.&nbsp; he sticks solo.&nbsp; and if he does =
feel=20
like going out for a cruise, I usually go with him.&nbsp; Between the =
two of us,=20
we usually draw enough attention from RICERs, and ooohh how sweet it is =
to see=20
the looks of confusion/envy on their faces.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One more thing.&nbsp; Non Rice Example =3D The fastest import =
(watercooled=20
that is) &nbsp;in my city is a 95 Esclipse GSX (turbo/AWD).&nbsp; No =
stickers,=20
Looks stock except is lowered, and has exhaust.&nbsp; What does he =
run.&nbsp;=20
13.00&nbsp; And that's at 5,000 ft above sea level.&nbsp; Do I have =
respect for=20
this car?&nbsp; Definitely!&nbsp; And there is nothing more I would love =
than to=20
actually go through with my project for a supercharged 1.8 16v with a =
2.0 bottom=20
end, combined with a pair of Slicks and give this guy a good run for his =

money.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Would I ever go out and buy an Eclipse, or Civic, or Integra, just =
because=20
it showed me a fast time slip?&nbsp; FUCK NO! -pardon my french</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry all, but VW has a hold on me, and it ain't letting go.&nbsp; =
The only=20
other car I would buy myself would be an AUDI or possibly&nbsp;a =
BMW.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I guess my original point to this message was to show Adrian that =
he was=20
buying a Honda for the wrong reasons.&nbsp; But hell, by this time I =
think he's=20
either afraid to write anything back to the list (haven't heard from him =
in a=20
while) or he's totally given up the idea of getting one.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Think what you want of this=85 I really don't care=85 all I know is =
my scirocco=20
is the coolest car on the road!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Brando</DIV></BODY></HTML>