ATTN Brett

On 12/17/02 3:18 AM, "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I jsut got an email that was 158k in size sent from
> majordomo@scirocco.org. nothing in the email but it still got here. Jsut
> though you might want to know

Chris,

Someone on the list, or someone that at some point that had
majordomo@scirocco.org in their address book, has a virus.  I don't know its
name, but the virus will harvest the infected computer's address book and
fake mail from that address to propogate itself.

Majordomo is no longer the email list management software, so that address
is defunct, therefore nothing would ever come from it.

It wasn't Brett who sent it, 'cause he was out yesterday and today and not
online.

And, I know it's not Brett's computer that's infected, 'cause they are all
Macintoshes or Sun workstations.

I would suggest running a virus scan on *your* computer -- you may have
infected yourself reading that note.  Again, I don't know the mechanisms
under which it propogates (having only Macs and Sun workstations myself, I
don't have to worry :-D )

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |