Accelerator Cable slippage

The little rubber black piece that slips over the ball I have and I can't
see where a retaining clip would go. Any help from here?

Please remember I'm in central IOWA there are no other Rocco's within like
300 miles, and probly not even in junkyards. If so please let me know!!

Peace Out,

Rhett
Rocco_crossing
'83 Rocco (autocross ready, body work needed)
'92 Olds Cutlass Ciera (DD)