16V Supercharger setup!

Kevin, you can surely get away with running mild boost (less than 5lbs) on a
relatively unaltered 16v motor. If you're looking to build something cheap,
though, a great combo is a low compression 1.8l 8v, crossflow head, and T3
turbo with Corrado G60 engine management. You can easily crank out 215hp
with that for $2000 if you do lots of the work yourself.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut