VR6 Swap

What could you possibly do to preserve the handling balance of the Scirocco
when you have such a big lump up front there. Hell, drive a Corrado G60 and
VR6 back to back. There's a substantial difference there. Of course, this
effect would be magnified in the A1 chassis which is lighter and has a
shorter wheelbase.

a) You'll have to fabricate a lot to fit the motor in there.
b) You'll have to rework the suspension to keep the car from handling like a
turd.
c) Will spend lots of money for delicious sounding but weak engine.

So... what's the point? Now, what I'd do is put the motor in the middle of
the car and go forced induction/nitrous! *That* would make sense on every
level. Short of such a radical transformation, a heavily worked 16v motor
makes lots more sense. Spend the same amount of money and effort on a
4-banger as you do on that VR6 and  you'll be going *much* faster and
handling *much* better.

Josh Able wrote:
> The handling isn't that bad at all, IF you build the suspension correctly.
> Of course a good amount of fabrication is needed to do it right.

P.S. What would you do to regain the car's balance once a VR6 is mounted up
front? Uprating the springs and swaybar package ain't gonna cut it.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut