VR6 Swap

Ya know, I keep hearing this from people who haven't done the swap but the
people who have done the swap that I have talked to say that with mild
modifying the frontend feels just as sturdy as with a 16v or 8v.  Does
anyone have any solid first hand information on this?  VR6 motors are
getting more and more available and it just seems like a great swap for
something if not a Scirocco.

Dave

> It has been done, but it takes a good bit of fabrication,
> and destroys the handling of the car.  (Too nose heavy)  I
> don't know of anyplace with instructions on how to do the
> swap...   and I'd be very reluctant to do it on my own
> without having at least a couple other swaps under my belt.
>
> My $.02 - don't.
>

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
> For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
> Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
> "A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that
thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams