Patrick's project progress

Hey Ron,

Well there was a slow down since I moved to the new farm (had to deal with
farm stuff fences, and barn repairs), But that all that work has been
completed and its been raining for a few days, I got working in the garage
again.

Ihe head is ready and only needs the G-grin cam installed in it. The block
has been stripped down, and gone for a hot tank job, afterwards (same place)
it will get a nice Powder coating done to it (color can be seen at link
posted below) Basically The various parts are ready to go, once I have the
block back, all new bearings everywhere, Chem.-dipped the pistons and rods
(wow that stuff reaaaaalllly work well).

Assembly will begin shortly, tech notes will be done (this will be a series
posted on a weekly basis, instead of a huge one). The pulleys will be powder
coated chrome color, so I don't have to deal with spotting and rust from
regular chroming job. All new water pump, oil pump, alternator (120Amps
Audi) will follow suit afterwards.

I still have to make my decision between the exhausts I have, 4-2-1 or
Header, either one chosen for this project will end up getting a nice
ceramic powder coating on it before installing it. The Intake will be the
same with the Audi5000 TB but with the Corrado Heat dissipater Gasket I have
acquire and will test to see if it makes a difference, I believe according
to what I have read that the intake should be at engine operating temp be a
few degrees lower, will that make a difference on air aspired, perhaps, will
it make a difference once the supercharge is install? more likely it will.

DIGIFIZ cluster install will begin in next few days since I am waiting after
my block to come back from the shop.

This is basically going to be top to bottom a new engine once I am done, of
course a 16v Pressure Plate and 8v Clutch will match the 9a Rebuild Ron did.

My expectations of the engine Dyno are modest (better be modest and get
bigger numbers than not) 120-140 HP Air aspired.
future plans will be mounting a supercharger on this puppy, but that will be
probably during Winter of 03.

http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Pictures/gallery/derscirocco85/imagepages/
image12.htm
http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Pictures/gallery/derscirocco85/imagepages/