speedometer cable removal

Yes, just pull it straight out, BUT, if it doesn't come
out easily, wiggle it around a bit.  If you just yank on
it, you could easily pull the gear off the end of the
cable (its just held on with a circlip) and then have to
fish the gear out of the tranny.  If that happens, let me
know.  There is a "procedure" for getting the gear out of
the tranny if its been lost in there.

John
87 16v

"Doug C." <cdczajka@msbx.net>
|I'm trying to replace the speedometer cable in the '88
|cabriolet.  The bently is pretty vague in the area of
|removing the cable from the transmission.  I've got the
|hold down bolt out, but can't get the cable out of the
|transmission.  Is it just a matter of grabbing the cable
|and pulling on it with some strength?  or is there
|something else i have to do?  TIA
|
|Doug C.
|'88 16v