  From: rhys=20
  To: Robbie Cotner ; scirocco-l=20
  Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 9:05 PM
  Subject: Re: little rubber plug inside output flange (centre of cap =
missing)

  i dont think thats teh case...the middle of the cap was definetly =
machined out by the part of the driveshaft that goes through the inner =
cv.

  http://images.cardomain.com/installs/254000-254999/254023_35.jpg

  Robbie Cotner wrote:

    That machining is probably from when a past mechanic drilled into =
the old cap to pry it out, and then reinstalled it, and that's why it =
fell out in the first place.  HTH-=20

    Rob=20

     rhys <sik8v@netscape.net> wrote:=20

      just one last question!! sorry about this all, but you guys are so =
knowledgable!

      the old cap had the centre machined out of it...there was a =
perfect circle missing from the old cap.
      now, this cant be right...what might have caused this? it wont do =
much good to put the new cap in and have it machined out again... :(

      someone mentioned they had this happen to them, any fixes for it?=20

      thanks,
      rhys

      T. Reed wrote:

Just tap it in with a hammer.. that's all there is to it..

-Toby