From: Scirocco-Al [mailto:scirocco-Al@insight.rr.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 18:08
To: Julie Macfarlane; yoyo_ball@zappmobile.ro; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Any suggestion is welcome !!!!

"The cold start injector only runs for about 2 seconds. I have the same
problem here in the North East of the US."

I think that's normal though.  I would suspect the problem is with your
auxillary air valve.  It's a small bypass valve that mounts on the back of
the intake manifold.  It's a temperature operated device.  When it's cold
it's supposed to be open and when it's hot it's supposed to be closed.
There is heater built into that makes sure it gets warm enough to close even
on cold days.  I'm guessing from what you said that the valve is sticking or
freezing closed and that after a minute or two it pops open and works
correctly.  It might be dirty inside or just bad.  It's easy enogh to check.
Just take it off the car when it's really cold out and check to amke sure
it's closed.  I think you can use a hair dryer on it to make sure it closes
up too.  I'm not sure about that last part as I don't remebed what
temperature it's supposed to close at.

Alan