Any suggestion is welcome !!!!

When I start the engine, in the morning when the temperature is below -7
Celsius degrees, the idle speed is around 1400rpm, but soon it starts to go
down till 400rpm or lower till the engine stops.... If I keep the engine
acceleratedfor 1 or 2 minutes, the idle speed starts to go up till
1600-1800rpm. After the engine warms up the idle speed comes back to normal
(1000rpm). Could you please tell what is the reason for this?? Any
suggestion is welcome.