Fuel pump queston

Mainly unrelated but I have one of the problems mentioned as well. Around 4k rpm it does pulse when I keep it steady. There's just a tiny, barely noticable engine surge. It's really hard to describe but pretty constant. Not that it happens every x minutes but that it happens every so often while i'm around 4k rpm. To fix it, I usually just upshift so the rpms are lower. I was just going to add it to the list of my car's quirks, but since someone else seems to be experiencing it, anyone have any suggestions?

Dan