shady(?) ebay item (short shift kit)

what i'm looking for is an upgrade to the bushing on the main shift rod
(labelled "shift rod bearing assembly" in pix)--as of now, i can only find
the oem part, which is the bushing+bracket (~$30), and doesn't come with the
refurb kits or with any of the missing linkz kits.  the bushing is available
for a2's and is similar, but not identical to, those on the a1's, which
results in side to side slop when installed.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, prelim web site, but not taking orders
yet: www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...