Intro

Hi Folks;
    My name is Brian Decker I'm a semi-retired ( I only drive in the
summer ) Truck driver. I'm from Western Washington and just joined this
list. Besides the Scirocco below I have a 1981 1600 turbo diesel Rabbit
pickup and a 1980 Dasher 1600 N/A diesel that my wife commutes 45 miles to
Olympia WA every weekday. I also have more parts cars than my wife cares for
( Like 3  Sciroccos, 6 Rabbits, 3 Rabbit pickups, and 1 1985 Audi sedan).
    My 79 Scirocco with it's 6 spd  conversion by V& L of Hillsboro OR is on
the road and is a great ride. Here are the specs.
1979 Scirocco Silver
6 spd tranny by V&L 9A close ratio with a 3.89 final Quaife TBD .91 5 th and
.71 6 th to fly down the freeway and get some mileage on cross country
trips.
1985 Audi 1800 with 10 to 1 compression
German 272 hydraulic cam from AVS in Adna WA.
USA 4 into 2 cast iron manifold with Tectonics non-catalyst dual downpipe.
Two and one half inch exhaust system with 14 inch turbo muffler
1984 GTI CIS using Audi Air shrouded injectors. No Lambda etc. etc.
Distributor is a points setup using only mechanical advance. 37 degrees
total
10.1 front discs and 7 inch 1985 Audi rear drums
sport springs with KYB heavy duty gas struts and rear shocks.
28 mm Autotech hollow rear sway bar
4 point triangulated front lower stress bar
195-60-14 Michelins on 14 inch Audi alloy rims
Front air dam from AVS in Adna WA.
soon to have a Euro light setup

    This car goes like a stripe and handles great. With the Quaife up front
you just head into the corner turn the power on and it goes where you point
it dry road or wet! No understeer. There has to be a limit somewhere but I
haven't found it yet. I guess I will have to go to the Autocrosses to see if
I can loop it. It has been 30 + years since I autocrossed but I did in the
old days manage to loop my 58 Porche and my 62 Lotus Elite at various times
at the Crosses at Pleasanton CA fairgrounds. This car puts those to shame
when it comes to a corner
Brian Decker