Ignition coil woes

You have a replacement coil in your car.  If you look at
the tests in the Bentley, you will notice that the test
for the secondary on an 8v coil is significantly lower
than it is for a 16v.  This indicates that the 16v coil is
supposed to have a higher voltage output.  Unfortunately,
VW (Bosch) no longer sells such a coil.  All 16v coil part
numbers have been superceded to reflect 8v (lower voltage)
coils.  The only solution is to go aftermarket (which I
have done).  You will need to put a different connector on
the end of the high voltage wire running to the
distributor if you do this.

John
87 16v

"Beavis Aunins" <aaunins22@hotmail.com>