[Re: Battery Relocation...Grounding]

--MYWAYBOUNDARY_000__7cfd778c3f3c151562a7b0736b5d0896

 --- On Mon 12/09, Cathy Boyko  wrote:From: Cathy Boyko [mailto: losinit@usa.net]To: scirocco-l@scirocco.orgDate: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:05:15 -0500Subject: Re: [Re: Battery Relocation...Grounding]Mine ran fine for two years without that big engine ground wire, electrons
were finding alternate paths, then all of a sudden, it became an issue for
starting the car. At that point I added the wire. Didn't know it was missing
till then, prolly got left off when the engine got swapped.

the block is not electrically connected to the body, since the engine mounts
are rubber. if there wasnt a ground wire going to the block, there would be no
complete path for current for the starter. the ignition wouldnt work either,
as the spark plugs use the block ground, while the coil uses the classis
ground.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 270k, 0 rattles, original clutch,
driveshafts, wheels :)