[Re: Battery Relocation...Grounding]

Mine ran fine for two years without that big engine ground wire, electron=
were finding alternate paths, then all of a sudden, it became an issue fo=
starting the car. At that point I added the wire. Didn't know it was miss=
ing
till then, prolly got left off when the engine got swapped. =

the block is not electrically connected to the body, since the engine mou=
nts
are rubber. if there wasnt a ground wire going to the block, there would =
be no
complete path for current for the starter. the ignition wouldnt work eith=
er,
as the spark plugs use the block ground, while the coil uses the classis
ground.
Al

Allyn Malventano, ETC(SS), USN
87 Rieger GTO Scirocco 16v (daily driver, 180k, rocco #6)
86 Kamei Twin 16V Turbo Scirocco GTX ('it has begun', rocco #7)
86.5 Occo 16v Trailer (dotting 'i's across the country, rocco #8)
87 Jetta 8v Wolfsburg 2dr (daily driver, 270k, 0 rattles, original clutch=
,
driveshafts, wheels :)