MKI/G60 problem solved

> Since the stock G60 intercooler has plastic tanks you will be hard pressed
> to do any welding on it. That is why I'm using the Saab 900 intercooler.
> It's all aluminum.

It's been done. You just have to fabricate/weld all four end tanks. On the
other hand, that makes packaging completely at your discretion.

> I found that moving the radiator to the drivers side is not a problem but
> tilting or moving it backwards brings it dangerously close to the
> G-Ladder.
> As it is it is in danger of being holed by it when the engine
> rocks fore and
> aft.

Ahh...something to keep in mind. Thanks.

> That still leaves you with all those bends in the pipe. Every bend takes
> velocity out of the air movement and the charger has to work that much
> harder. The best scenario is a straight line from the charger to
> the valves.
> With the air/water I should be able to bring the bends down to
> only one 180
> degree bend in the intercooler.

I'm not disagreeing a bit! Someday I'll get there. That's "Stage II" mod.
<grin>

> > How do I become Paul's friend? :P
> When he has this done, I'll ask him what it would cost to make you his
> friend. There are competent welders all over and I'd bet there is
> one close
> to you too.

Hehe, but the "friend" part makes it much more affordable. :)

> Ok, you have lost me here. I don't believe that the air/air surface area
> will be any different than the air/water area given the same intercooler.
> I'm also not convinced that the surface area will be different with air
> inside vs. water inside. All of that aside, this thing is about
> three times
> the size of a comparable retail air/water intercooler so any
> efficiency loss
> will be more than compensated for by shear volume.

Read Corky Bell's book. He's much better at explaining it than me.

> > > transmission cooler in front of it to handle the intercooler.
> Slick huh?

Definitely!

> The advice I've gotten is the same 10GPM but centrifical and
> brass or bronze
> to handle the glycol and heat. The one I'm working on getting is 15GPM
> bronze.

I'm definitely interested in finding out where you got it and how much it
cost...

> > Got pics to share?
> As soon as I can convince my wife to bring the camera home from school.

Well, what's the hold-up?? :)

BTW, you said you're going to use the Digifant-I, right? And you're talking
with Sam and Danny at SNs for your chip, right?? I just got mine today!
Awesome guys.

Neal